Sunday, September 19, 2021

Second chance? Where's my first chance?

 This is a post that shows just how petty I am I guess.  I know so many people who get divorced, but don't stay single long, they seem to find the next person to marry soon!  And so many of these people it seems they found the right person the second time.

My mom and dad both found the right person the second time they got married.  Most of the time these people can't wish the first one hadn't happened, because they have kids.  And without that first marriage, they wouldn't have the wonderful kids they love so much.  I get it.  

But I just want a chance.  I just want to find a right one.  When will it be my turn?

As I keep saying, I know it is my own fault I am single.  What brought this melancholy on this time, is a guy who liked me on the Facebook dating app, and even though I wasn't necessarily attracted to him, I swiped like on him too and have been giving him a chance.  Even though he wasn't really keeping up a conversation, he was saying good morning every day this past week.  I was going to stop replying, but he kept saying it.  So I tried to get the conversation going.  Then I went to see if he'd answered my last question, and he'd unmatched from me.  So now I can't even keep a guy I'm not attracted to when I'm giving them a chance.  Obviously that means I am the problem.  :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment